It’s time for the results of our January Cartoon Caption contest.
Look for our next Cartoon Caption Contest on the first of the month.
Our Joke Writing Contests are announced mid-month.
Here are the top captions for this month’s cartoon.
** FIRST PLACE **
This time, hold on to the STICK, release the RUBBER BAND.
Ron DesGroseilliers Jr., Spring Lake, North Carolina, USA
** SECOND PLACE **
Ok, I lied when I said the Wilsons installed unbreakable glass in their windows.
Gary Bachman, Hagerstown, Maryland, USA
** THIRD PLACE **
This isn’t really what I expected when I signed up for Border Patrol.
Dana Richardson, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
HONORABLE MENTION (in random order)
– My brother got the rapid load/fire version for Christmas.
– My parents were going to take my sling shot…but the NRA stepped in.
– I’ll bet you a dollar you can’t knock an apple off my head.
– I know it says so in the Bible, but you’re never going to vanquish the captain of the football team with that little pea shooter.
– The next time someone tries to bully you, tell him your name is David.
– I’ll be okay. At least it wasn’t a rifle this time, Mr. Cheney.
– David, I know you’re upset that Goliath stole your girl, but can’t you just let it go?
– No, I don’t know where Goliath lives, but I understand he’s a frequent customer at the Big and Tall store.
– When you said you were coming over to shoot the bull, I didn’t think you meant it literally.
– Why don’t you break windows like the rest of us? Accidentally. With a bat and baseball.
– When I said “bet you couldn’t hit that window,” I didn’t mean for you to prove me wrong.
The cartoon is provided by professional cartoonist Dan Rosandich. Visit his web site for information on how he can provide terrific cartoons for your next special project, book, web page, newsletter, book, speech, T-shirt and more.