It’s time for the results of our May Cartoon Caption Contest featuring the artwork of professional cartoonist Dan Rosandich.
New Cartoon Caption Contests are announced at the start of the month (alternating months).
New Joke Contests are announced at the start of the month (alternating months). The next Joke Contest is June 1, 2011.
Here are the top captions for this month’s contest:
** FIRST PLACE **
Mom said that if I keep failing I will have to be in school forever. Is that what happened to you?
Darin Thompson, Smithfield, Utah
** SECOND PLACE **
Whaddya mean you’re making an exception to the “No Child Left Behind” policy?
Al Jensen, Las Vegas, Nevada
** THIRD PLACE **
I’m requesting asylum, going home is not an option.
Timothy Busam, Cary, North Carolina
HONORABLE MENTION (in random order)
– I’d like to start a “C” Mediocre Roll.
– My parents would like to trade me in for a kid who makes better grades.
– Let me just say that even though I did it, I’m not responsible.
– Mom, are you going to lecture me again at home?
– But if I get good grades, I might get stuck at a desk job.
– Are you sure this is a good example of my Dad’s tax dollars at work?
– “Everything we know we learned from someone else!” John Wooden
– Wow, it is funny how YOUR Report Card looks exactly like mine!
– Well, ma’am, at least my report card shows I was most improved in recess, texting, and acne.
– It’s a letter from my mom. She can’t spell any better than me.
– So even if I did ransack your desk, how could my fingerprints get that big?
– Okay, I promise never again to misspell “Joey is a doofus-head.”
– Believe me, I didn’t cheat on that test; I just accidentally got lucky.
– But How could I forge my dad’s signature, Miss Randolph, when I got an “F” in Penmanship?
– It’s my investors: They need us to take a closer look at the numbers.
– I have been told this is not a Refrigerator-Quality document.
– My dad’s a celebrity and he won’t autograph my report card unless I pay him.
– Don’t I get extra credit for creative writing…and creative Algebra, and creative History?
– There’s a direct correlation between recent teacher salary cuts and my lower GPA.
– Do you have a paper shredder?
– Yes I am embarrassed for walking into the girls bathroom. After all, it’s the 8th time this week.
– Can I help it if I have dumb DNA?
– But someone has to be the anchor.
– Is that my acceptance letter to the military academy?
– Let me guess: Denied by another magnet school?
– I can’t believe you have a security camera in the girls locker room
– But I’m not going to college. I’m gonna’ get a part on Jersey Shores
– Whaddya mean I gotta have good grades to get into clown college?
– Grade School should come with a money-back guarantee.
– I knew it wasn’t a good idea to go to the same school as you, Mom.
– This report will be very damaging to my father’s self esteem.
– We have an issue. The new ink used in the report card is difficult to erase.
Visit cartoonist Dan Rosandich who has an extensive and in-depth archive of categorized cartoons and cartoon pictures available for licensing at negotiable fees.