It’s time for the results of our July Cartoon Caption Contest featuring the artwork of professional cartoonist Dan Rosandich.
New Cartoon Caption Contests are announced at the start of the month (alternating months).
New Joke Contests are announced at the start of the month (alternating months). The next Joke Contest is August 1, 2011.
Here are the top captions for this month’s contest:
** FIRST PLACE **
The music is so bad there it will make you want to cut off your ear.
Scott Knight, Las Vegas, Nevada
**SECOND PLACE **
Next week they’re doing a musical–Hello Dali.
Terry Wall, Washington Township, New Jersey
** THIRD PLACE **
This place brings back a lot of memories, doesn’t it Edith? Let’s walk home the other way next time, okay?
Sol Morrison, Santa Barbara, California
HONORABLE MENTION (in random order)
– This is another reason why Vincent cut off his ear.
– I heard that their party wagon is broken–no van go.
– I understand it is an ears-optional club.
– Chucky cheese should have thought of this!
– The only song they play in there is “Starry Starry Night” by Don Mclean.
– He must have created this club to help get through his blue period.
– My friend Vincent runs it. He doesn’t mind the loud music–he just listens with one ear.
– Great drinks, but the decor is impressionistic.
– Gogh Gogh, Lady Gaga…sounds like the world is being run by babies.
– These vibrant colors are from Van Gogh’s psychedelic period.
– That reminds me, Edith. I have a chiropractic exam tomorrow, and your hearing aid needs a new battery.
– They say you can hear music in his paintings.
– Let’s go in and paint the town pastel.
– Do you still have that star studded tube top?
– I can’t believe they rebuilt it after that horrible Disco Inferno.
– Didn’t that used to be a restaurant from “Kitchen Nightmares?
– It may be hip, but I’d have to replace mine if we went in there.
– Let’s see what’s in the window. Maybe we can figure out what those letters mean.
– They probably think Beethoven’s Fifth is a German whiskey.
– You know the economy’s tough when an art museum has to merge with a disco.
– Another reason to get rid of the National Endowment for the Arts
– What’s next? The Dali Deli?
– Looks like a place where you can really paint the town red and dance yours ears off!
– Just what we needed–another post-impressionist nightclub!
Visit cartoonist Dan Rosandich who has an extensive and in-depth archive of categorized cartoons and cartoon pictures available for licensing at negotiable fees.