It’s time for the results of our September Cartoon Caption Contest featuring the artwork of professional cartoonist Dan Rosandich.
New Cartoon Caption Contests are announced at the start of the month (alternating months).
New Joke Contests are announced at the start of the month (alternating months). The next Joke Contest is October 1, 2011.
Here are the top captions for this month’s contest:
** FIRST PLACE **
It’s food art.
Nancy Lininger, Camarillo, California, USA
** SECOND PLACE **
Andy Dolphin, Mt Barker, Western Australia
** THIRD PLACE **
Boy, if I was 30 feet tall and lived 10 million years ago…
Tom Nee, Oak Lawn, Illinois, USA
HONORABLE MENTION (in random order)
– We’re going to need a bigger backyard.
– See what happens when you are a Vegetarian!
– I wonder if we can find a “DOGGY BAG” big enough to take that home?
– What great place to hide my bone.
– What do you get if you cross a pig with a dinosaur? Jurassic Pork!
– Dogs were made to chase cats. Cats were made to catch birds. This guy’s mistake was walking instead of flying.
– Don’t worry, we’ll visit the giant mouse exhibit next.
– If I had claws like that I could bury bones halfway to China.
– I wish I had a menu – they ALL look good.
– That’s a Dino-Mite dinner.
– I bet his owner never swatted him with a newspaper.
– I’ll bet he caught the cars he chased.
– I think he ate at a rexstaurant.
– I’d hate to be a mailman on his route.
– I’d like to see my owner yank on his collar!
– As long as it can rain cats and dogs, we won’t become extinct.
Visit cartoonist Dan Rosandich who has an extensive and in-depth archive of categorized cartoons and cartoon pictures available for licensing at negotiable fees.