Here is a wonderful video link sent to me by Karen Lewison. It features a five-year-old piano prodigy. There are lessons to be learned:
– A performance is more than notes. A speech is more than words.
– Performing and speaking from the heart is the essence of a great performance.
– It’s more than the hands. It’s more than the voice. A great performance involves the whole body.
– Being in fun is critical. When you’re giving a talk, have more fun than the audience and your energy will draw them in.
– Even someone who appears to have natural talent has worked hard to achieve their level of success.
– Overnight success comes after months or years of dedicated effort.
– Never underestimate the power of a smile.
– It’s never work when you love what you’re doing.
– Let the superb quality of other people’s work inspire you to higher levels of performance.
Here is the link.