Everything you wanted to know about humor. Â Nine speakers presenting the secrets of using humor from the platform. Â Monday, September 29, at 6:15 pm. Â The location is Pololu Robotics, 920 Pilot Road, Las Vegas 89119. Â Suggest you arrive by 6:00 pm to get a seat.
Archive for September, 2014
Our State Slogans theme was inspired by long-time subscriber andÂ funny guy Sol Morrison, Santa Barbara, California.
New Joke contests are annonced on the first of each month.
Look for the next contest on October 1, 2014.
Here are the top lines selected by our panel of judges (speakers andÂ improv players). The Theme: State Slogans.
** FIRST PLACE **
California: All Shook Up
Terry Wall, Washington Township, New Jersey
** SECOND PLACE **
Washington: Like rain? We’re Rainier!
Marty Bernstein, Oak Park, Illinois
** THIRD PLACE **
New York: Unique New York (say it five times fast)
Tom Nee, Oak Lawn, Illinois
Honorable Mention (in random order)
– Washington DC: Big Spy Country
– Pennsylvania: Who wouldn’t like a state nicknamed PA
– Rhode Island: We’re not an island and we don’t have many roads
– North Dakota: Just like South Dakota, only higher up.
– Nevada: The funnest state ever
– Nevada: What’s gambled here stays here
– Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Likes
– West Virginia: Where we still do the Charleston
– Hawaii: HI is more than an abbreviation
– New Hampshire: Slightly nicer than Old Hampshire
– Idaho: This Spudâ€™s for You
– District of Columbia: Live Free or Die Broke
– Washington State: George is On My Mind
– Hawaii: The Molten State
– Kentucky: Southern Comfort
– Washington DC: Land of 10,000 Mistakes
– California: The Quakier State
– Indiana: We say Hoosier before you say knock knock
– California: The Rolling Hills State 7.0
– Alaska: Bridge Over Troubled Politics
– Connecticut: How to get to Massachusetts from New York.
– Texas: Any other questions?
– Idaho: For girls and Boise
– North Carolina: Not South Carolina
– South Carolina: Not North Carolina.
– Rhode Island: You Just Missed it
– Washington DC: Grid and Bear It
– Washington DC: Don’t Make a Federal Case Out of it
– Arizona: Take in the Hole Thing
– Mississippi: There is no Mr.ssippi
– New York: We Rush More than South Dakota.
– Wisconsin: Home of Cheesy Humor
Humor Workshop In Las Vegas
Monday, September 29. Featuring nine humor experts.
Time: 6:15 pm until 8:30 pm
Location: Pololu Robotics, 920 Pilot Road, south of the airport.
Cost: It’s free.
Humor for Teens to Seniors
How Presenting Humor is Different for Women and Men
Accents an Dialects
Testing Your Humor
Success at Open Mic Night
Writing Funny Jokes
Humor is No Joke
Mark your calendar now!
Memories of a comedy professional…Joan Rivers.
The first time I see a jogger smiling, I’ll consider it.
My best birth control is just to leave the lights on.
I am definitely going to watch the Emmy’s this year. My makeup team is nominated for Best Special Effects.
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made.
It’s been so long since I’ve made love, I can’t even remember who gets tied up.
The theme for this month’s contest is STATE SLOGANS.
Thanks to SolÂ Morrison, Santa Barbara, for suggesting this theme.
Many states have slogans, such as New Hampshire’s “Live Free or Die.”
Your challenge is to create a State Slogan that is not real, but funny.
Here areÂ three examples:
Kansas: Not in OZ Anymore
Wisconsin: Chez Cheese
North Dakota: The Snow Me State
Challenge yourself to write a dozen lines. Maybe more. Then slect your best three lines and submit them for recognition in our Top Three. Â If you submit more than three lines, the additional lines will be eligible for Honorable Mention.
Submit your entries toÂ HumorPowerTips@aol.com by September 14, 2014.